Tuesday 2 December 2008

Evaluation of Preliminary Task

Overall, I believe that the Preliminary Task was a success. Despite a few issues with the technology concerning the external hard drives, I am vastly happy with how the Preliminary Task went. Although I could've imagined it going better in some areas, overall I am happy with how it went.
First of all, we started of with the planning and the composing of ideas and the storyboard. I found that this went particularly well, we seemed to get it completely done and finished and the idea came almost instantly. Sometimes, however, I felt that we all in our group really couldn't be bothered to work at a few occasions - which probably wasted valuable time - and I felt that often the energy in the group wasn't always there. However, we managed to get the storyboard done with time to spare so I reckon this part of the task was, overall, positive.
Next, we got the camera and began to film. Again, I believe that this was successful but sometimes I felt that we tended to rush certain sections, resulting in not such a fluid filming. Also, some particular parts (for example the match-on-action shot) didn't work so well, and I felt that we could've improved those sections. Although, I believe that the most effective section was definitely the shot reverse shot and the 180 degree rule, as we kept to these very well.
We were then asked to edit our films and in my opinion, this was probably the best section of our work. We divided the jobs between us, as a group, and this resulted in an excellent finish. I think the part we found easiest was cutting the film and putting particular sections together, but adding music and noises were also easy. Also, we added titles which worked very well too.
Overall, I believe our preliminary task was great and we worked well as a team. I believe that the finished product was good, but could've been better if we'd spent more time on the editing, planning and filming. Mainly though, I was very happy.  

No comments: